Thursday, September 18, 2003

Journeywoman

Mutterings continued.

I've just read the latest entry Simon's blog, Null Space - he was at Changi Airport in Singapore waiting to board a plane to London.

Aaaaahhh! I want to go tooooooo!! This time last year I was sitting in the departure lounge at Perth Int. Airport awaiting my plane to Singers and then to London. I spent the night in a small but serviceable room in the Changi Transit hotel before flying out at the unsmallgodsly hour of 5.45am. We'd landed at 10pm and I didn't fancy 7 hours in the departure lounge, so I paid $35 for a room I didn't sleep very well in.

I was lucky enough to get exit aisle seats on the Perth - Singapore - London legs. The only way to travel. The flight over Europe was great as it was very clear and we could see the ground. At one stage the plane was heading straight for Baghdad, which freaked out the couple (Anne and Peter from Wollongong) sitting next to me, but we avoided Iraq altogether and flew over Iran. Which is only slightly less scary but very scenic.

Had things gone to plan this year I would be flying back from Adelaide tomorrow. Given the horrible weather in SA over the last couple of weeks, I'm glad I cancelled.

It's off to the Dolphin tonight to work on the door. I gave myself the night off last night, then spent the evening worrying that none of the vollies I'd organised had turned up, thus causing the FOH Manager to cancel the show because there were no ushers, etc. However this morning I received an email from El President Dean who said everything went well and there were over 70 in the audience.

This being Thursday (never could get the hang of Thursdays) the house will probably be smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home