Monday, October 06, 2003

Start of the working week.

Mutterings continued.

It's going to be 32c on Friday. Arrrgh! I mentioned this to a couple of people at work and they actually said, "Good!". Deviants. To add my misery, the jacaranda tree in the garden next door is in flower, a sure sign that summer is coming. *sigh*

There are some interesting, and quite heated, debates going on in the various newsgroups and other fora about who will play the next Dr Who. One wag suggested Rolf Harris. "Apparently on Kiljoy they said Rolf Harris is going to be the new Dr Who. Like Star Trek he is going to have a portable communicator called a 'stylophonic '

The tardis is going to make a sound like a wobble board ,and when he arrives at a new planet, he going to turn to camera and say "can you tell where it is yet?" Tee hee. Tom Baker reckons it will be Eddie Izzard (a cool choice, I must say); I rather like the idea of Sam West. Or Rupert Everett.

Whinge of the day - people who don't bother to spell check (manually or using the 'pooter) their posts. This is the first line of a post on one of my fora: "I also watched this prograame at priamry school and there was a wook book to acompany the series." What the hell's a 'wook book', for god's sake?! (yes, I know it's supposed to be 'work book').

I know Spicer eschews capital letters but at least he's grammatically correct and he can spell.

Speaking of spellcheckers, the Blogger version comes up with some very funny alternatives. For jacaranda? Scranton. What?? And for Rolf - relief. Heheh. Relief Harris. Heheh.

Today's This Time Last Year:

Last day in Middelsbrough before heading south. Very sad as I've had a wonderful time with Ash and Mam2. I took them to lunch at the nearby Farm Hotel. Lovely. The rest of the day was spent packing and relaxing. And getting instructions on how best to get to Huddersfield, my next port of call. I realised that I can get around strange places best when I have a navigator and Ash is a very good navigator indeed.

We only got lost a couple of times and that was due to other things, like us both missing the huuuuuuuuuuuge sign that pointed to Lindisfarne, resulting in us having to backtrack through some interesting countryside. Getting lost can be a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home