Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I missed my blog's anniversary.

Mutterings continued.

September 15 last year I decided to set this thing up and I'm surprised that it's still going.

I got my photos back this morning and I will have to rearrange all the PC plugs to get my scanner up and running (I only have two USB ports in the tower and one of them is for the mouse so I'm sharing a port between the printer and the scanner.) so I can inflict the evidence of my trip upon a waiting world. I only had four films developed and one of those was a disposable camera that I bought in Ostia Antico, Italy a couple of years ago when I ran out of film. I'd forgotten what was on it - turns out it was mostly pics of Ostia and some lovely 2000 year old mosaics.

I went into my holiday very half hearted as up until the day I left I wasn't sure if I was actually going. I didn't plan it very well and ending up packing stuff I didn't use (two polo neck skivvies and a jumper) and not enough socks. And one glove. I think deep down I knew that I wouldn't be going to Paris, which is why I didn't actually do any planning. I took my Lonely Planet guide and that was about it.

I got some nice shots of Loch Ness and will get the magnifying glass out later to see if I can see anything cryptozooic (thank you Leece!) in the waters.

I'm having a declutter and revamp of the flat. As I'm renting there's not that much I can do but I've bought new curtains and throws for the lounge chairs and the room has a distinctly maroon and cream look to it. I keep promising myself that I'll get to the spare room and have a clear out as it's full of books, props, prop making materials, etc, but I'm scared that if I start I'll never get to the end of it.

It was Mum's funeral yesterday morning. The service was read by an officer from the Salvation Army and he did a lovely job - no embelishments or hyperbole, just some thoughtful words and Psalm 23. We had three pieces of music - Danny Boy, which she and Dad both love, the second movement from Dvorak's From the New World Symphony (it had been put to words and sung by Paul Robeson and called, appropriately, Going Home) and Amazing Grace sung by Harry Secombe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home