Sunday, September 21, 2003

Blown Away (almost)

Mutterings continued.

It's been an interesting weekend. Great house for Noises Off on Friday night - nigh on 100 very appreciative people. I have now seen the play 6 times from various angles (that's the trouble with sitting on the side as an usher - you never get to see SL or SR).

Yesterday I bussed into town to meet friends at the Art Gallery. We visited the Pre-Raphaelites exhibition and I want the painting of Shakespeare's room. The Tate Gallery website. If I couldn't have the real thing, a postcard would have done but, alas, the shop had a very limited range of Pre-Raphaelite cards.

And last night was spent being luxury coached from East Perth to Dwelingup and then trained to Etmylin by the Hotham Valley train people. Very nice food, prepared on the train and cooked on a wood stove - pumpkin soup, roast beef and veggies, apple crumble.

The weather today is hideous. Very blowy (bad), lots of rain (good) and the rugs I had drying on the balcony blew away. Both were held down with heavy cement animals (a cat and a dragon) - one rug landed on the balcony, the other downstairs. Fortunately the flat downstairs is vacant (the appalling couple finally moved out) so I could retrieve the rug and dragon.

Yesterday's This Time Last Year:

Caught the train from St Pancras to Luton to pick up the hire car. I had booked the car in Perth and arranged to pick it up in the Luton town centre depot rather than the airport, on the mistaken belief that getting out of Luton city would be easier than Luton airport. Wrong. As I do every time I drive somewhere new, I got very lost.

I drove to Middlesbrough in North Yorkshire to meet my mate Ashley. It was fabulous to see her and Mam2 again.

Today's This Time Last Year:

Middlesbrough. Nice, quiet day spent walking around Coulby Newham and sitting in the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home