Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Get well Patrick, dammit!

Mutterings continued.

No blog yesterday as I was getting ready to go out to dinner and then Weird Al. Yay! for Weird Al. What a fantastic concert. I felt sorry for the stand up guy who opened the show - he was introduced and the audience went, "Who?". He was very funny and shares the same philosophy I do about bonding exercises.

Weird Al was very energetic and full on. I hate to thing how his voice must be at the end of each concert as he seems to sing from the nose and voice, not diaphragm. He did all the goodies - Eat It, Fat, Beverley Hillbillies, etc and the encore was The Saga Begins and Y.O.D.A., complete with singalong. Walked out very happily deaf.

Yesterday's This time last year:


In Huddersfield, not one of your more attractive parts of Yorkshire but it contains my friend Nick and that's good enough for me.

On the way from Middlesbrough to Hudds I called through a town called Thornten-le-Beans. We'd spotted it on the map and thought it sounded a hoot, so I promised Ash I would drive through it and take photos. Turned out to be a very attractive village with large houses behind larger walls.

There had been an awful accident on the A642, the only road out of Wakefield that took me where I was heading, so I had to go the looooooooooong way round. One of the service stations in in Wakefield is also a post office so I posted off two large envelopes of souvenirs, etc. It cost be about 6 quid each to send them surface mail. I did it with some trepidation as I worried that they would get lost in transit but posting them off freed up a lot of space in the suitcase.

Nick had a Spanish lesson that night so I accompanied him and helped him cheat on a pop quiz. I don't think I helped him at all.

Today's This time last year:

Accompanied Nick into Hudds on the bus and had a wander around the city while he visited his shop (he makes and mends guitars). Visited all the cultural sights, art gallery, museum, etc etc.

And bought the I Clavdivs dvd. Had to have it! Bought Curse of Peladon as well, to add to the David Troughton collection I'm accumulating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home