Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Sniffles

Mutterings continued.
 
I think I have an ear infection.  Giddiness and ringing in the ears.  Could also be my blood pressure but I'm hoping it's something that can be cured with a few drops of something in the lugholes.   I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to suss out what's up.
 
I had a phone call from the wonderful Paula last night.  She and I have worked together on a few productions and had a ball, most notably during The Taming of the Shrew when we gave each other a fit of hysterics.  She's Production Manager for Class Act's "Hotel Sorrento" -  Season: August 10 - 21 (Tue-Sat) 8pm; Plus 2 schools matinees: Tue 10 Aug & Wed 18 Aug at 10am at the Rechabites in Perth.
 
Ash and I are hoping to see Derek Jacobi in "Don Carlos" at the Crucible in Sheffield.  We saw him there in The Tempest in 2002 (the details of which in somewhere in this blog).  We were hoping to spend some time in York, catch a train to Sheffield, catch a matinee and then back to York but it seems that there are no matinees!  For some years the Crucible was known solely as a snooker venue however they've managed to attract some big names (Jacobi, Kenneth Branagh in Richard III) and have revitalised the theatre.
 
We were planning to visit the Orkneys however they're a touch too far away and crossing isn't always possible so we've decided to spend more time in the middle of Scotland - a few days around Dunkeld would be lovely.
  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home