Friday, September 26, 2003

Friday.

Mutterings continued.

The last day of my holidays – four weeks have flown by, as they do. Never did get around to painting the doors. Or visiting the tax agent. Well, procrastination is my middle name.

Today’s This Time Last Year:

Superlatives Alert – I love Scotland!!

We left Berwick Upon Tweed and headed into Scotland. We avoided the Forth Bridge as there is a toll on it by skirting Edinburgh and avoiding the Firth of Forth altogether. Ashley thought it amusing that someone from Perth Aust should stay in Perth Scotland so she booked us into the Abercrombie B and B, Perth for a few days. I had visited Edinburgh by train on my trip in 2000 but had only spent a few hours, so this was my first real visit to Scotland.

Driving through Scotland is like making your way through the Scottish League Division 1 table – Lothian, Motherwell, Dunblane….

We stopped in Stirling along the way for a coffee and mooch around. A visit to the tourist bureau advised of a Dr Who exhibition at a local art gallery so I kept that in the back of my mind for our next visit to Stirling.

Perthshire is very beautiful, the Tourist Board calls it Big Tree Country, and so it is.

Perth itself is not the most attractive of cities but that didn’t matter as it was just a base of operations. The B and B, while very nice, was run more on a business like manner. The home in Berwick was more of a home.

I overestimated how long it would take to get from Berwick to Perth (always a good thing – although distances in the UK are small, travelling time seems to expand) and so we got to the B and B too early. We walked into the town centre and had a bit of a wander, and had coffee and cake in Marks and Sparks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home