Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Lunchtime mutterings

Mutterings continued.

Tasty sarnies for lunch today - ham, cheese, Roma tomato, lettuce from a lettuce tree that R and L gave me and wholegrain mustard. MMmmm.

I've been working on the Zoo's collection plan for the last few days - it's the annual list of what we've got, what we want and what we plan to do with them. I've come across some very cool sounding names of critters - Chameleon Dragon is one of my favourites as I rather like the sound of a large flying, fire breathing beastie that can blend into the background. The Latin name for the New Calidonean Imperial Pigeon is Ducula goliath - a scary thought.

I saw an ad on telly last night for "this year's most anticipated film" - something or other with Meg Ryan. Now, I would have thought that 'this year's most anticipated film' would have been one of the Matrices or Return of the King. But maybe I'm wrong.

The thunderstorm last night was great but it didn't bring much relief. I had hoped that the rain would cool things down but I think it's just made it more humid. The wind was very violent and very hot, not a nice combination. Milo and I slept with the fan on all night.

It's a good thing this blog isn't read by the wider community as I suspect I would be hunted down and stoned by fan girls (and boys) for saying this but, is it just me or is Orlando Bloom's acting a little.....wooden? He's Still the Prettiest (thank you, The Very Secret Diaries) but he doesn't have much range. I only ask because understand Pirates of the Caribbean 2 is in the offing and I've just read an article on scifi.com about OB presenting an award to Sir Ian Mc.

And from the same source: "James Marsden, who played Scott Summers/Cyclops in X-Men and X2, told SCI FI Wire that X3 is in the works and that the producers have expressed interest in his reprising the character. "I know that there's an outline, a treatment out there, for the third one," Marsden said in an interview. "I don't know what's in it or what the story is." " Whoo hoo! I want to know what happens next to Magneto.

Odd that the blog spellchecker doesn't recognise 'blog'. It also read 'wholegrain' as 'hologram'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home