Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Disaster #3

Mutterings continued.

I knew there was another mishap yesterday....I'd forgotten to put the outlet hose from the washing machine back in the trough and managed to flood the bathroom while doing a load of washing. Gus thought it was very interesting and sat in the shower watching the soapy water run down the plug 'ole.

Today I was dragging people into my office and demanding to know if they could smell burning. They could but damned if we could work out where it was coming from. I got the electrician in but he couldn't smell it. And the network printer keeps chucking wobblies, resulting in people at my door whining, "Paaaammmm....the printer's not working....."

Ah well, it's been a week of minor irritations, nothing to get hung up about.

Mmm, the gardener/handyman chappie has just mown the lawn and put the reticulation on and it smells lovely.

Oh dear, looks like I'll have to wash the kitchen floor again - Milo is dragging his meat onto the carpet rather than have to stand on the sticky, icky floor.

Today's ear worm - God Only Knows, by the Beach Boys. Lovely but rather depressing.

And speaking of music, a pop quiz. Got these from the 60's music ng - there are 27 questions but these are the only ones I can get. Anybody else?


We're after the same rainbow's end


I've got a love so true
And yet I'm sad and blue


And after all the loves of my life
Oh, after all the loves of my life
I'll be thinking of you
And wondering why
(cue groovy dance break)

Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same


Give a dog a bone
This old man came rolling home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home