Friday, October 31, 2003

HAT TRICK!!

Mutterings continued.

No blog yesterday as I was sitting waiting for a plumber to call to let me know when he'll grace me with his presence to unblock my drains. He finally rang at 6.50pm, just as I was going out to the Ghengis Con Quiz Night (more later). I had to leave work at 11 today to let him into the flat. Two hours, three concrete slabs and a ton of dirt later, and my drains run free! Until the next time.

I miss Jump Point! I used to enjoy going to Murdoch on a Saturday night, watching the latest Bab5 beamed from the US via satellite (yeah, right) and eating pizza with my friend David (who was more interested in scoping the other guys present than watching B5). I miss having a series like that to look forward and discuss with others who are also seeing the episodes for the first time. And I miss all the rough and tumble on aus.sf.babylon5 and Rob's Lust List (not to mention the Church of the Narnly Nightie, with Leece and myself as the only acolytes).

Onto the Quiz Night. We won. That's 3 in a row, 2 Ghengis Cons and a SwanCon. We have no life - official. We won by 7 points, most of which were gained by Leece's effective bribing of the judges. I finally met Elaine (hi Elaine) face to face - though I think we've met before as she looks familiar. (Gus the cat was just scratching around under one of the sofas - I moved it to discover 9 of her ping pong balls!). The QN was a lot of fun and the winner of the fashion parade justly deserved it, though I suspect there are a lot of cars out there today with no sun shades.

It's the weekend.....wheeeee....and I'm off to Leece and Rob's tomorrow night for more Prisoner, Neverwhere (on DVD, whoo hoo), and other stuff. Hope everybody else has a good 'un.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home