Friday, November 14, 2003

Thursday’s Blog - It’s cooler!

Mutterings continued.

Hurrah! I managed to walk down the hill from my office to the café for lunch without turning in a puddle of melted public servant.

I finally met the other inhabitant of my office today. For quite a while ‘something’ has been leaving its calling cards on the walls of my office. Sounds horrible I know but when you work in a zoo you get used to anything. I figured it was an insect of some kind and was happy to let it be, however my asthma has been particularly bad the last few weeks so I finally told the boss. He put his investigating ex-zookeeper hat on and nearly had me running screaming from the building by saying that he thought it could be a large spider. Somebody else had a look and announced it could have been a spider but was probably a gecko.

And so it is. I moved my monitor this morning and a large and very beautiful Marbled Velvet Gecko ran up the wall and into the beam in the ceiling. I’m perfectly happy sharing my room with a gecko, just wish he was office trained.

***SPOILERS FOR RETURN OF THE KING***







I hope this isn’t true and is just scurrilous internet gossip – “Christopher Lee has been dropped from the new Lord of the Rings film.” http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_837893.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

Last Friday, as a ten minute filler between Paradise Heights and The Glass House, the ABC screened the very funny We Are History, presented by comedian Marcus Brigstocke as a celeb historian (a kind of dodgy Simon Shama). Last week’s ep was about the Industrial Revolution and David Oxley, BA Hons, the presenter, attempted to recreate what it would be like working in a 19th century factory by forcing an ordinary family to work in a call centre. I’d caught another ep last year about Richard III – who wasn’t the evil person portrayed by Shakespeare and history but was just misunderstood. He didn’t kill his nephews, he was playing hide and seek with them and forgot where they were. There was a laugh out loud scene of Richard III talking to a builder about putting a new wall in and blocking up a room – one prince high and two princes wide. I’m hoping it’s on again this week but it doesn’t appear on the ABC tv guide page.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home