Friday, July 23, 2004

Another Friday

Mutterings continued.

They come around with such regularity.

I received my order from Blackstar today - 2 Professionals dvds.  Customs had opened  the package at both ends; given the size of the box I'm not sure why they felt they had to do this.  It's not like it was so big that something could be hiding at the other end.

I've booked myself an exciting Friday next week - 9am ultrasound (Doc suspects gall stones.  sigh), 10am Glucose Tolerance Test.  This means I have to fast from midnight and as the GenghisCon quiz night is on the previous evening, all bribes of food and drink must be to me before then.  It also means I won't have anything to eat until after midday as the GTT takes about 2 hours - they draw your blood every 30 minutes or so and leave you to twiddle your thumbs in the waiting room.

Today's amusement - lady rang to express her concern that one of the orangs was masturbating and she thought she should tell someone.  My boss was given the job of ringing her back to tell her that it was perfectly normal and that animals tend to do in public what we do in private.  Lord knows what the poor lady would think if she saw the way bonobos act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home