Sunday, October 12, 2003

It's getting a little wild and woolly out there.

Mutterings continued.

Much wind and greyness and the odd spot of rain outside. I've just returned from lunch at the folks' place and a visit to Shirley W and David Meadows to drop off a prop for Mozart and Salieri. M and S, at the Blue Room, opens Tuesday for 3 nights. I saw it last year and was well impressed. I kept threatening to run away before the opera bit and whining that there wasn't an interval in which I could do it, but it really is a great piece of theatre. Mozart's Requiem is divine. The performances are part of Pride Month's Cultural Festival. I marched in the Pride Parade a few years back when I was a volunteer at the WA AIDS Council - I was on one end of a banner and a young chap was on the other. And directly in front of us was a buff young man wearing only chaps. The lad holding up the other end of our banner couldn't take his eyes off the well formed butt in front of us and kept walking us into light poles, rubbish bins and other people. It was a hoot!

I'm thinking of taking French lessons at TAFE but am unsure what level I'm at. I took French at school for 3 years but that was......er.....far too many years ago. I want to be able to think in another language. I saw Gerard Depardieu interviewed on Italian tv and he wasn't just fluent, he could joke and ad lib and 'be' Italian and that's what I want to do. Only in French.

Today's this time last year:

Stratford, day 4.

I heard about the Bali bombings on the tv in Stratford and like a lot of people my first reaction was disbelief - things like that don't happen to Australians.

The day was spent wandering around Stratters, visiting second hand bookshops and unearthing all sorts of goodies, including the RSC year books for '79 and 94/95 and a book of artwork by Antony Sher.

I knew I had some postcards somewhere of Antony S and Joe Dixon from Newcastle's The Malcontent but couldn't remember where I'd put them. I got back a copy of the play I'd loaned to David M and they were inside it! So, with scant regard to copyright laws, here they are:


Antony Sher as Giovanni Altofronto


Joe Dixon as the evil Mendoza.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home