Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Wednesday Just Won't Go

Mutterings continued.

Out to dinner with Leece and Rob and Steveg and Maureen tonight. L and M have the audacity to have birthdays on the very same day so we're off to eat Greek food in town and celebrate.

My credit union has issued me with new hole in the wall cards and changed the PI numbers on them. I have to find a branch which has a PI number changing machine and change them back to what they were. Most annoying. The letter accompanying the new PI numbers stated that, if I want to change the numbers, I can ring them up. I did this only to told about that I couldn't unless I took them to the aforementioned machine.

Exciting stuff from Ananova (well, I find it exciting):

"Iron Age chariot found near the M1

An Iron Age chariot from about 500 BC has been discovered by engineers working on the new A1 motorway in West Yorkshire.

The site at Darrington, near Pontefract, is said to hold articles of great significance.

In what seems to be a burial chamber, there are the remains of a man aged about 40 and the bones of 250 cattle, as well as the chariot, reports the BBC.

It is thought the cattle could have formed part of a huge funeral feast.

Archaeologists say the chariot appears to have been placed in the pit intact.

Nineteen other chariots have been found buried in Britain, but these have all been near the east coast with none as far west as this discovery.

The finds will shed new light on the tribes that lived in the north of England 2,500 years ago."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home