Monday, July 26, 2004

Sunny Mundy

Mutterings continued.

Bloody cold start to a very nice day.  I've got a flat inspection tomorrow which means I'll be spending the evening washing floors and vacuuming.

The latest Foxtel mag and a cattledog from Lakelands in the mail today.  Lakelands is a very cool (and by cool I mean the kind of place that middle aged ladies in cardies who knit and make their own jam visit) homewares shop in the Lake District of the UK (hence the name).  They sell all sorts of things you just can't walk into K Mart and get.   Like small round plastic boxes that are just big enough to hold two biscuits, or one Lush shampoo soap.  I ordered some of their wonderful lemon curd last time - the box was opened by Customs and a pamphlet placed inside informing me of all the things you can't bring into the country, such as fruit, eggs, sugar.... Hmmmm, all the things that lemon curd is made from, come to think of it.  I think Customs let the curd through because it's processed and none of the ingredients are raw.  It's also incredibly wonderful.  They also sell sticky 'gloves' - they're square and very sticky on one side and you put your hand in and they pick up fluff and cat hair from all kinds of surfaces.  Very useful.

Lots of Poirot yesterday - two eps on Hallmark and one on the ABC, the last in their series unfortunately.  They were showing the four that were made in 03/04, five years after the first lot.  I've decided I want a flat that looks like Poirot's - it's art deco and full of lovely curves and lines.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home