Saturday, August 21, 2004

Experimental curry

Mutterings continued.

Poor sick Rob is even sicker so he and Leece won't be coming over. I'd promised Leece a curry from my new cookbook - I'm glad I got the opportunity to test it out on myself as the recipe called for Pilau rice and I'm not terribly good at rice. Ditto pastry, scones and sponges.

The marinade for the chicken has yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, tumeric, chilli powder, cardamon, cumin and paprika. I've just realised that I forgot to put garam masala on the end product. Oh well, there's always the left overs. And the pilau rice has cardamon pods, cinnamon quills, fennel seeds, garlic, onion and basmati rice. All the spices etc get cooked up, the uncooked rice is dumped on top, then water to cover. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes and turn it off, leaving it to steam for 20 minutes. The chicken is marinated for several hours, then the bits are fried in vegetable and olive oil.

Both the chicken and rice were yum Very yum. Am well pleased, and surprised, and will try it again.

Poorly drawn cartoons inspired by spam. Lots of giggles, especially "Where did you go?"

I was playing around with my mobile phone (aka The Toy) this arvo and discovered some of the other things it can (besides being a radio, camera, torch, etc). There's an entertainment section where you can bookmark favourite cinemas and access film screening times. Apparently you can also send emails but I haven't worked out how to do that. Telstra has an online simulator to show you how it's done, however if you don't happen to have a Sony phone, it's not much help. Finally worked it out! Trial and error but we got there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home