Friday, October 29, 2004

Happy Birthday Godzilla


Who was 50 yesterday. A conference to discuss the movies is being held this weekend at the University of Kansas. "The KU conference will focus on academic lectures, panel discussions, exhibits, children's activities and screenings of Godzilla movies. Many sessions will explore the idea of Godzilla as the crucial trailblazer of the globalization and mass marketing of East Asian pop culture. All conference events are free and take place in Lawrence." Apparently there are a lot of people who relate to Godzilla, which I guess means they have some affinity with men in rubber suits.

An inexpensive day today. I was expecting to have to get new glasses however my eyesight hasn't deteriorated enough to warrant them. And I'm getting $315 back from the Tax Office.


I now have 116,000 Qantas frequent flyer points which will get me to a number of exotic locations free. Lord knows when I'll get to use them.

Photos:

I'd like to be able to post some photos however it appears that Blogger is again acting up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home