Sunday, November 21, 2004

Hot Sunday.

Mutterings continued.

Quite cool here in the flat.

I've had a busy couple of days; yesterday was my younger niece's 21st birthday party. It appears that "fashionably late" these days means 10pm when the invitation says 7.30pm. I was there at 7.30, which means I had to help out and be a guinea pig for the punch. Mmmmmm, coconut and vodka.....

And my older niece has just become engaged to a lovely chap called Carl. Looks scary but is a real sweetie.

And today I went to Dad's for lunch. He was at church (or whatever it is the Salvoes call their services) so I had to make lunch. Well, he made it, I just had to finish it off. Called into the Gosnells Railway markets on the way home and got the plate stacker racky thing for the cupboard I've been looking for for a couple of months and some evil, but in a good way, Walker's crisps from the English lolly shop. Beef and Onion, Roast Chicken and Smoky Bacon. No Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, sadly, though they did have Worcestershire Sauce, a flavour I haven't got up the nerve to try. Also bought some licorice squares - $1.10 for 8! I remember when they were a cent each. Of course, this was before the invention of the automobile and electricity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. That's the lolly shop that sometimes has cinnamon tictacs.

-leece.

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home