Monday, November 15, 2004

I hate summer.

Mutterings continued.

I know it's not summer yet, I'm just getting the whining in early. First day back at work and no aircon for the foreseeable future.

It was parcel day today. On Friday I received a card from the Bentley Distribution Centre advising a goodie was waiting for me. As they have most unsociable hours (6am to 3pm) I had to wait until this morning to collect the box. It was a pressie I'd ordered for Bro and SIL for Xmas. That's one gift down.

And waiting on the doorstep this afternoon was the Cadfael box set I'd ordered way back in May. I'd given up waiting and sent DVD Soon an email to cancel the order.

With the 3 Cadfaels, this means Derek Jacobi has raced to the lead in the representational DVD stakes. It's 13 for him and 7 for Ian McKellen.

Apparently I have unjustly maligned our bird life. I made the comment last week that the Ring-necked parrots that tried to steal our sandwiches at Serpentine were Eastern States interlopers. I have been informed by Leece and Rob, who knows these things, that they are in fact native to WA (the birds, that is. And Leece and Rob, come to think of it).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! That makes it okay for me to steal Poss's sandwiches!
Yum! Um....I, I mean skrrrarrrk!

-leece

8:14 am  
Blogger Possbert said...

Just as long as you don't try standing on my head while you're doing it like these ^&*& critters did!

8:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home