Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sticky Sunday

Mutterings continued.

30c today - not a heatwave as Perth temps go but not pleasant. I went to Dad's for lunch and helped him move more stuff to his new place and put up the curtains.

Yesterday was spent shopping, doing as little housework as possible and then tripping up to Leece and Rob's for homemade pizza, fruit tarts (healthy!) and a brand new MST3K (which included a short so appalling we couldn't bear to watch the end of it!).

Cliches that really bug me - "Not on my watch", usually spouted by some political hack who seems to think he has super powers, and "24-7", when they mean, "24 hours a day, 7 days a week.". Sure, the latter phrase in longer but "24-7", like "Downsizing" and "Corporatisation" reeeeeellly bugs.

I was dismayed to learn that the model of car I have my eye on has just won an award from the RAC - I'm hoping this doesn't meant a surge in interest from the car buying public and I have to wait to get one! My car loan has been approved, I just have to wait for my brother to get back from t'North to do the negotiations for me. Gift of the gab, has my brother. I'm tossing up between silver and pale metallic blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home