Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Rainy Day Tuesday.

A mixed day. I received a lovely card from Shirley W and David "The Meadoes" M today , as well as a very thoughtful email from Pat Stroud. Thanks guys.

And I also got a cheque for $315.23 from the Tax Office.

On the downside, I went to get my prescription for my asthma medication filled, only to be told I had brought in an out of date script, and I went to test drive a Toyota Echo, but realised I had left my driver's license at home.

I picked up the last set of holiday snaps today and have scanned most of them in, some of which are below.

Portmeirion.

I was planning to stay at Brambleberry House, a lovely B and B in Halfway House near Shrewsbury however the owners were off on their hols and the place wasn't available. I'd figured that Shrewsbury was close enough to Wales to make a nice jumping off point for Portmeirion. I decided to extend my time in S-u-A and drive to Portmeirion from there. It doesn't look very far on the map, but lord knows I've been caught enough times and should have realised that short distances in the UK equate to long driving times.

It took about 4 hours to get there, however I passed through some of the most glorious landscape of the Snowdonia National Park and the Cambrian Mountains, and picturesque villages with interesting names such as Llangurig, Ffestiniog and Penrhyndeuraeth.

Some of the photos of the Village will look familiar to Prisoner fans; I'm afraid I can place only a couple of them.


The Portmeirion postbox into which I deposited a few posscards.



The Tower



The Gloriette.



Chantry



The Dome



The Lake



The beach where Rover used to hang out.




The Ladies



 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home