Friday, December 03, 2004

Another week closer to Xmas.

Mutterings continued.

Every year I say I'll be prepared for next Xmas and every year I kid myself. I think I lose a couple of months going overseas when I don't think about Xmas at all and it ends up being closer than I realise.

A nice package arrived from CafePress today – a Leece zebra mug for me and a Leece numbat mug for a friend. And yesterday I got a parcel of goodies for Xmas for L and R and S and M. But I’m not saying what, hahahaha!

A rather annoying situation with Angus and Robertson books. In their recent catalogue they have the updated Complete Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radio scripts for $9.99. Bargain! I ordered it online as I don’t have an A and R nearby and it came to $16.49 with postage. Still a bargain as the book’s RRP is $45. Got a confirmation of the order and a confirmation number. Received an email the next day saying that they had cancelled my order because of a problem with my credit card details. I went to the site to try to order the book again and the online price is $45, not the $9.99 originally cited. Hmmmm. I’ve now written to them, quoting my confirmation number and wanting to know what the problem is. Not sure how I stand legally but they have accepted my purchase of the book at $9.99 and given a confirmation. We shall see.

More silliness from Little Britain:
Exterior: A shop with Toy Shop on the siding. A well dressed man walks up to a bicycle leaning against the shop, gets on and rides off. A bike courier dressed in cycle gear and helmet comes out of the shop, looks around for bike.
VO (Tom Baker): When Britons want to buy a toy they go to a toy shop. This isn’t a toy shop, it’s a real one.

Also last night, the very, very funny Aardman’s Creature Comforts. I loved the interviews with the lioness with the trembling microphone. And the cockroaches who worked in hotels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home