Saturday, December 04, 2004

An expensive morning.

Mutterings continued.

But that's all the Xmas present shopping done. Yay!!! Well, I am waiting on stuff from OS and OE (Over East. Apparently there's a truck driver's strike which is slowing things down.) but the bulk of it is done. Unless the stuff from OE and OS doesn't arrive. Eeek.

Over on The Mausoleum Club we're playing Best and Worst TV of 2004. As someone put it, there isn't enough bandwidth to cope with the worst of tv - for me it's anything that the producers think has anything remotely to do with "reality", be it dancing, finding the next Pap, I mean Pop, Idol, and anything else that gives complete tossers their 15 minutes of 'fame'.

As for the best: Little Britain, Green Wing and New Tricks. A kid's show I caught in the UK was Shoebox Zoo. I only saw a couple of episodes but it looked lovely and got me in. Rik Mayall, Simon Callow, and Alan Cumming voice three of the characters.

Someone on aus.tv asked how long people have been posting to that particular newsgroup. I did a Google on myself and am astounded at some of the things I found - the earliest posting for (ahem) Possum Bits I can find is June 1996 in alt.games.morningtoncrescent. I used to be known as the Gumboot Goddess on aus.tv. So there.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home