Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Eats

Mutterings continued.

We had a sausage sizzle (sossige inna bun!) farewell lunch for our Curator of Horticulture today. Ian Crombie joined the Zoo in '88 - his name may not be known outside the zoo fraternity, but he's got himself a formidable reputation in the horticulture industry. You know someone has made an impression when, on telling his staff he was retiring, half of them burst into tears.

And tonight it's off to Retro B's (burger inna bun!) with TUS. Lunch with Kim tomorrow at Munch...Thingies and then Xmas lunch at the Pagoda on Friday.

One of my favourite actors and favourite directors have just got 'hitched' - congrats to Antony Sher and Greg Doran. I love this entry from Mr Doran's diary, " I dozed in front of the telly, waiting for my favourite show, Creature Comforts. It makes me laugh in seconds. " Me too. I watched last night's episode on the ABC, Impressions, and laughed out loud a number of times.

Also from the Torygraph: " Stupendous special effects, a brilliant cast, and a heartbreaking story - Peter Jackson's three-hour remake of King Kong is a work of genius, says Tim Robey."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home