Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Animals

Mutterings continued.

I forgot to mention in my blog on Sunday that I did a bit of cockatoo spotting. On the way to my brother's place a flock of White-tailed Blacks flew overhead. And a group of Red-tailed Blacks landed in a gum tree at the back of his house, made a din, dropped gum nuts on the patio roof and then flew away. And a little while later a flock of Galahs flew over. Not to mention the magpies that come to the back door of their house and demand to be fed. Wonderful stuff.

Yesterday I visited the baby Pygmy Marmosets in Lesser Primates. To say that they are cuuuuuute is an understatement. One was sitting on a branch and would pop its head around one side of the branch, tilt it to look at me and then pop it around the other side. The bubs are about 3" long, plus tail and look like tiny quail with arms and legs.

Semeru, the baby orang, is getting more adventurous - I saw him sitting on the edge of one of the platforms yesterday. Mum was sitting about 6" behind him and keeping an eye on him but he is learning to climb on his own. And he has four teeth - 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom.

A fun website - Shiny Shiny: a Girl's Guide to Gadgets. I like the Flybook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home