Thursday, April 22, 2004

Pay day

Mutterings continued.

and spent some of it at the dentist's. At least it was just a scrape and a polish this time and he didn't find anything nasty going on. That's usually what happens which is why I've had 3 root canals, a bridge and a ton of ceramic. My teeth will last longer than the rest of me. I mean, even longer than they...oh never mind.

I've signed up for Gmail to see what it's like - with its larger capacity it might be useful when I travel. Most of my Yahoo mail has disappeared which is a shame as it was a good record of my last trip. I'll be interested to see how long it takes for the first spam to arrive.

Amusing research paper title from the New Scientist, "And then there is the paper by Z. Yang and A. D. Yoder noticed by Seranne Howis in Systematic Biology (vol 52, p 705). Howis admits that it begins rather drily, but was struck by the change of mood at the end: "Comparisons of likelihood and Bayesian methods for estimating divergence times using multiple gene loci and calibration points, with application to a radiation of cute-looking mouse lemur species"." Either the journal reviewers are developing a sense of humour or that one slipped by.

scifi.com's Site of the Week - Alan Moore fan site.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home