Saturday, June 26, 2004

Damn you ABC Classic FM!

Mutterings continued.

Do they know how much they've cost me in the last year or so?? I heard a couple of tracks from another "I want it! I want it NOW!" album this morning. It's "Songs for a Wise King" by the Renaissance Players - music written by/for Alphonso X of Spain in the 13th Century.

One of the tracks played was "A Virgen Que De Deus Madre", a sampling of which can be found on the Amazon.com website. The bastard CD is out of print (boo!) though I think Amazon.de, the German site, may have it (yay!). I say 'think' because the page is in German and the only thing I've been able to translate with any confidence is a button marked "hier klicken". I think it means 'click here', though I could be wrong.

And I say they may have it because next to the item are the words "Versandfertig bei Amazon in 1 bis 2 Wochen", which could mean it's available from Amazon in 1 or 2 weeks. Or it could mean 1 or 2 millennia, don't hold your breath.

The Renaissance Players are from Sydney - and I love that one of them is called Winsome.

I've just noticed that Gus has pulled all the toys out of her toy box - I wonder what she was after. No doubt, when I do the vacuuming in a little while, I'll find all her ping pong balls under the sofas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poss: Quite literally: "Delivery finished in Amazon in 1 to 2 week".

Still alive and on the West Coast, at least for the next 34 days.

Hugs,
Michele
(aka We saw Richard II and thousands didn't)

3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home