Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Rent inspection

Mutterings continued.

Well that's that for another 12 weeks.  I always worry that a. they'll leave the front door open and the cats will get out or b. Milo will deposit a hairball in front of them.

Zeuss, our somewhat aggressive wombat, is featuring on Rove Live tonight on the telly.  Rove interviewed my boss a couple of years ago when we first got Zeuss and learned of his ability to leap great distances in his attempts to get at keepers.  He asked Colin if anyone bitten by him would get 'wombat powers' (I think Rove had read one too many Spiderman comics).  We're not sure what wombat powers are exactly and whether you'd really want them.  The ability to dig holes and bite people's feet isn't really that useful and certainly not enough to build a crime fighting superhero career on.

I can't believe I let the 20/21 of July go by without making some comment!  Twentyfive years ago I was a 12 yeard old student, sitting open mouthed at the images of man walking on the moon flickering on a tiny black and white telly.  This would have to have been the greatest achievement in my lifetime.  I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories that man didn't make it to the moon, it was all a US government/CIA charade or some such bullshit.

S0me evil people on the iinet ng have been talking about their favourite types of Tim Tams and now I'm sitting here thinking, "Want....Tim.....Tam!"  For English readers, Tim Tams are a lot like Penguins.

Comment from MoviePoopShoot about Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow:  " The movie is one of the more visually stunning things I’ve ever seen. If you’ve ever seen those old, still awesome, Max Fleischer SUPERMAN cartoons from the 1950s, this movie is like one of those shorts come to life. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home