Thursday, September 09, 2004

Thursday that feels like a Friday

Mutterings continued.

Well, that's me done working until November. My replacement came in for an hour this morning for a bit of a handover and I think she left with her head reeling. My bank balance is looking healthier than it has for a long time - 10 weeks' pay and a pay rise back dated to March. I've been working out how much I need to leave in the account to cover rent, insurance payments, money for my flat-sitting niece to play with, etc etc and it's very depressing how little will be left.

Went to Scarb last night for fish and chips and good company. It was nice to see Maureen again, we're hoping she'll come to dinner on Saturday. L and R have promised chocolate chicken, a dish from our Aztec heritage. Or a cookbook.

It's a shame the Genesis probe hit the dirt - literally. The NASA webpage has a nice photo of the probe and its hole in the ground. It looks as though all they have is a canister full of dirt, mud and bits of broken glass. Sad.

I received the latest RSC cattledog in the post today; they have some very tasty items, including the BBC Hamlet DVD. I think I'll be spending a bit of money in Stratford. Come to think of it, I always spend money in Stratford.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home