Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Clumsy Day

Mutterings continued.

Ever had one of those days when you seem to have two left feet and your hands are made of thumbs ("The toenails, on the other hand..." "The toenails on the other hand??")? Went to the supermarket to pick up some bits and pieces - bashed my hand on the till handing over my loyalty card, tipped the contents of my purse onto the floor and managed to drop all the mail, junk and otherwise, out of the letterbox.

Over on the Mausoleum Club website, a thread which started on the subject of the end credits of Top Cat, has segued into a discussion about misheard lyrics, the choicest being:

"from Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
"spare him his life from warm sausages" "

and

"
Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
So that every mouth and beef head

my ears are alight

My wife and my kids, they buck up and a leaf bee
Darling, cheese head, I was yards too greasy

my ears are alight

Shirk up a tear is a go

I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde

my ears are alight"







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home