Thursday, August 26, 2004

Lunchtime blogging - Thursday

Mutterings continued.

The wind is howling around the building like a howly windy thing and the rain has been bucketing down. A patch of blue sky to the south is creating a false sense of security for anyone who ventures out doors.

The Guardian quizzed a lot of clever people (ie scientists) about their fave sci-fi writers and fillums. In the latter category, Blade Runner came in #1, 2001 at #2. Favourite writer was Isaac Asimov.

Also from The Guardian: "Bradley Wiggins became the first Briton to win three medals in an Olympics by taking bronze in the madison." I don't know much about sport, but isn't the madison a dance?

My interest in art deco stuff continues. I have a couple of Ebay bids in for some lovely porcelain, one a 1931 Shelley Queen Anne set that is all lovely curves and angles. Shelley ware is very popular and I expect to be gazumped in the next couple of days, which doesn't matter. I don't plan to go any higher than I've already bid and if I get it, fine. If not, never mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home