Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

Mutterings continued.



Have a great Christmas everybody.


14:46 and I'm home already. The boss let me off early. I called into the Gull servo on Canning Hwy to get some petrol (91.5c/litre! Caltex is charging $1.03!!) and discovered that I'd parked on the wrong side of the bowser. I was sure the petrol tank was on my side of the car - it was in the UK!

I don't think the family is really looking forward to tomorrow as it will be the first Xmas without Mum. She loved Christmas. She would also be very annoyed if we sat around moping.

Checked the letterbox to find a postcard, some sales literature (aka junk mail) and a little parcel of goodies I'd ordered a few days ago. The receipt came with a $2 coin taped to it as they'd overcharged for postage. What a lovely honest little company they are! The goodies are going into a special parcel I'm doing up for a friend.

A very, very amusing interview with Alistair Sadgitt on the Prisoner Unmutual website.

"ERM...TELL US ABOUT YOUR FIRST VISIT TO PORTMEIRION.

AS: Ah yes. I'd intended to arrive in true Prisoner style.

WEARING A PIPED BLAZER AND DECK SHOES I PRESUME?

AS: No, gassed and in the back of a hearse. Unfortunately, my Mum said I had to make do with three cups of Horlicks and a lift in my Uncle's ice cream van instead."

I've been watching bits and pieces of the cast commentary of RotK. Some great comments by Smeagol and Gollum. There are two easter eggs, both very funny. The second was done for the MTV Movie awards and involves Peter Jackson being interviewed by studio suits (one of them being Ben Stiller). They want him to turn LOTR into a 'quadrilogy' with the fourth movie assuming that the ring wasn't destroyed. PJ: "But it was." Suits: "But say it wasn't." "But it was." "But say it wasn't." "But it was." One of the films they suggested was a love story between Frodo and Sam.

Tonight I have a heap of presents to wrap. Seems a waste of time when the paper just gets ripped off and chucked away, dunnit?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home