Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Public Service Tuesday.

Mutterings continued.

Dunno why white collar public servants get the day after NY day off. In the bad old days of workplace agreements, we bargained the day, and the one at Easter, away for a pay rise. Also agreed to work more hours.

So, in honour of the day, I went to Carousel to spend some money. I finally found a shop that sold Fiesta dashboard mats - I got the last one. "Huge mat for such a small car!" exclaimed one of the staff. I have to agree - Manfred has a touch of the Tardis about him; he feels bigger on the inside than the Laser did but he's quite a small car. I parked next to a 3 door model in Vitro.

We have commercial sign!!!! I have 10 Gmail email addies going free if anyone would like one. Just email me or leave a comment. Ta.

I forgot to mention that we saw the pilot of Stargate:Atlantis on Sat. night. I enjoyed it a lot, but then I'm something of an SG1 fan. Well, I liked the early eps but got very confused when Daniel died, got replaced by Parker Lewis and then appears to be back again. I've missed a few episodes, which doesn't help. I especially like the episodes written and directed by Peter Delouise (he was always my favourite in 21 Jump Street). They usually have a quirky edge to them and Peter usually makes an appearance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not? I can Yet Another Password to remember - but it'll be handy I'm sure. (Not to mention the slightly faded cool factor!)
-rdm

8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look ... very clean and readable.
Workplace agreements: Managaments way of shafting the workers with the connivance of the Unions 'cause the unions are too lazy and cheap to get a legal analysis about what they are agreeing to and too arrogant to think of accepting input from the people who haver to live with it. 8-(
Steveg

10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home