Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005

Mutterings continued.

Well, 2004 was bloody awful and I'm not sure 2005 is looking much better.

I was supposed to go to Leece and Rob's (sorry I didn't make it guys) but when I spoke to Dad earlier in the evening, he was very down and I sat by the phone waiting for him to call me back. He didn't. I rang Captain Paul, the Chaplain who lives at The Village, and asked him visit Dad and he spent an hour with him last night.

I saw midnight in but I was in bed listening to the fireworks. Damn tree was in the way and I couldn't see them. Stupid trees. 8-) I spent the evening going through old travel souvenirs, sorting them into categories and cities and filing them away. Sad, isn't it?

And today has been spent cleaning. Vacuuming, washing the floors, that sort of thing. I had to venture forth for victuals for dinner; L and R are coming over for the usual Mystie and I promised dinner. None of the usual supermarkets were open so I had to pay over the odds for stuff from Essentials in South Perth. But they're worth it. Let's just hope I don't drop the chicken on the floor like I did the last time I cooked this dish.

From Ananova: "Led Zeppelin's haunting 1970s classic Stairway To Heaven has been voted the best pop song of all time - just a week after bagging best rock song in another poll.

More than 20,000 music fans voted - and amazingly no Beatles records made the top ten!"

I do like getting emails which say, "We wanted to let you know that your order has been shipped." This is from CafePress - I bought some more Leece goodies, including a messenger bag. Maureen has got one and I want one!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home