Saturday, July 23, 2005

I like Saturdays

Mutterings continued.

Today's expenditure was a somewhat pricy one but I don't care. No shiny thing purchase, though I think my conscience is shining a little brighter as I've finally become a World Vision sponsor. The ads make me cry and it's one of those things I've been meaning to do for ages but just never got around to. I accosted the lady setting up the table at Garden City and made her pick a child for me. I asked her who were the least likely to be sponsored and she said that older boys in Africa were usually passed over in favour of cuter babies and toddlers.
So, I have sponsored a ten-year-old lad from Ghana who likes drawing and football.
L and R for dins tonight. I'm making beef steak pie with mash and sauteed carrots.
I started going through the prop boxes in the spare room but soon gave it up as a bad joke and shoved it all back in.
Friend at work loaned me the DVD of Little Britain's Red Nose Day special; lots of very funny stuff with the likes of Elton John (who is the only gay in his village), George Michael and Robbie Williams (who is a laaaady).

Serenity - a comment from someone who has seen the pre-release preview:
"It was only 90% done, though. I can't wait to see the final version -though I'm glad I've seen the story completely spoiler-free! Trust me people, avoid stuff at all costs.
Some of the FX still needed polishing and all the music was sourced from other films - which was occasionally distracting because I knew the source material.
But *damn* it's good."



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondering about that classic piece of internet humour?

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/smithson.htm

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home