Sunday, August 21, 2005

Dad.

Mutterings continued.

My Dad died yesterday. It was unexpected but very quick. He was in the local pharmacy having a prescription filled when he collapsed. A nurse from Armadale Hospital was in the pharmacy at the time and gave him CPR until the ambulance arrived. There was nothing they could do.

I saw him in the Emergency room at the hospital and he looked very peaceful - I don't think he suffered.

He'd had a lot of illness over the last few years but was doing pretty well. He'd put on weight and was enjoying life.

We were going on a picnic today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know he really enjoyed his Sunday outings with you. I'm glad he was looking forward to something fun and positive. So often the aged and infirm feel they have nothing to live for. But your Dad was so full of life and was really animated, I'm glad he was enjoying his last days. I'm also glad that I met him those couple of times, he was great!

Our hearts go out to you.

Rob & Leece & Ros.

7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I do wish there was something I could say that would help.

Mike

1:11 am  
Blogger Fiona Glass said...

I was so sad to hear the news. Look after yourself hon, and if you need a shoulder to cry on you know where I am.

5:38 pm  
Blogger Possbert said...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts.

It means a lot to me.

Love to you all.

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home