Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Lots more of the wet stuff

Mutterings continued.

Short but sharp thunderstorm last night - one clap of thunder was so loud it scared Milo off the lounge. And there was a short but sharp hail storm this morning. Hope the ducks who have claimed the roof over the Exotic Section's office weren't blown away. Silly place for ducks.

My ADSL modem turned up today and it was easier connecting than I thought it would be. I've got a few things to plug back in - the answering machine for one. I had my other modem connected to the surge protector power board - can I connect the filter from the phone into the power board? And the ADSL modem?

I was contemplating venturing out for fish and chips but had decided to go with a bacon and egg sarnie instead. Cheaper and I won't get wet. I hope.

It's going to feel odd not having to disconnect from the net...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya!
The path you want to follow is:
Phonesocket:->Surgeprotector:->ADSL:->Filter:->Phone.

Or, if you have a splitter in there:

Phonesocket:->Surgeprotector:->Splitter

SplitterA:->Filter:->Phone
SplitterB:->ADSL

:-) - Rob

9:24 pm  
Blogger Possbert said...

Thanks Rob. At the moment it's :
phonesocket - filter - phone.
and
phonesocket - modem - PC.

There's only one inlet on the power board and I'm thinking of:
phonesocket - powerboard - modem - PC.

Would that work?

7:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep! You bet it will!

Blood Waters of Dr. Z this week!

Wheeee!

3:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home