Friday, November 25, 2005

Blogging at lunch time

Mutterings continued.



The 2007 GRADS season is looking interesting. Earnest was my introduction to Wilde, as it was for most people I imagine, and I loved it. It was a set subject in 4th year Eng. Lit. and I found it incredibly funny. Mr Parker's Lit. class was also my introduction to melodrama, another favourite genre. The title of the piece we did was Behind the Apsidristra, which I thought to be a very funny title. Still do.

And Hank 5 is one of my favourite Shakespeare's. Much prefer the histories to the comedies. I won't be propping for Hedda (yes, I know I said that about Butler and Dream...) but I just don't like Ibsen. Not too struck on Thomas Hardy, while we're on the classics. Can't stand the way he treated his women characters. We 'did' Tess of the D'Ubervilles at high school and I hated it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home