Sunday, June 27, 2004

Weather forecast conundrum

Mutterings continued.

The forecast over the next three days is "A few showers; occasional showers; back to a few showers." Do 'a few' showers happen occasionally? It is 'a few' as in 'quite a few', ie more than not many or 'a few' as in 'we lucky few', ie less than the required number to wipe out the French?

I got a stern talking to, complete with finger wagging, from Mum at lunchtime re not cancelling my holiday in September. So the trip is back on.

I made Beer, beef and borlotti bean pies for dinner last night - a tasty combination of two recipes that Leece thought up. And we watched the 3rd last episode of Firefly, the John Cleese ep of The Muppets (v. funny and only one dead parrot gag) and Hudson Hawke, which I think is a great movie. It costars Richard E Grant, one of my favourite actors, doing a wonderfully OTT villain.

At a time when I should be saving for my hols, I've just spent more money at Cafe Press (see Spend Your Hard Earned to the right there) - I got a $5 voucher from Rob so I've bought an All Unicorns are Different travel mug and a Get Fuzzy journal. The hero of Get Fuzzy is a Siamese cat called Bucky - having owned (been owned by?) a Siamese in the past I can relate to his total and utter self absorption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home