Thursday, July 01, 2004

Noises above

Mutterings continued.

Either someone upstairs is moving furniture or it's a damned heavy body they're trying to shift.

My blog counter has clocked over to 3400 and according to the page referrer thingie-whatsit, four people have visited from the MSN search page. I wonder who is looking for me......

From one of the gossip newsgroups:

"Alf's Hit Talk Show" will rely on the tried and true format of a late-night talk show with monologue, banter and guests — with one significant alteration: an alien from a popular `80s TV sitcom as host.


Alf will be joined by guests Dennis Franz of "NYPD Blue" and comedian Drew Carey, with special appearances by Joan Rivers and Henry Winkler." I'm not sure if this is serious; if it is, it begs the question, "Why?"

A game. A very funny game. And a translation thanks to a kind soul on iinet.general. "Mit gerdrunken has been drinkenbeeren.

Vis your mouse you are clicken starten and gerdrunken walken, swaying left mit right vile he his groggenschlurpen. If drunken say left you moven mousen to ze right and vicky versa.

Ze objective ist to get zedrunken ze longest distance before keelenovern and snorenmaking.

Not a perfect translation but there you have it." I managed 48m.

I've just discovered I can pay my car registration on line. I visited to site only to be told the thing's closed for renovation until July 5, the day after the licence is due. Damn, looks like it's the old fashioned way - a trip to the Post Office and a long wait in a queueueueue.

It's the time of year for bills, of course. Today I paid the phone bill, the credit card and the electricity account - I'm expecting the gas bill any day. The rego (Aus for car registration) comes to $400 so it's an expensive time of year. Hurrah for credit union mid-year accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home