Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Off to Scarbs tonight

Mutterings continued.

It's been a while since I've been to Scarborough for dins with the U.S. (Usual Suspects) as the weather has been agin me.  I have not very good eyesight at the best of times, worse at night, shocking when it rains (I get blinded by the lights reflecting off the wet road) so I've been spending my Weds feeling sorry for myself while keeping warm and dry and safe inside.  Today has been a nice day, albeit a little chilly, so I'm treating myself to a grilled fish souvlaki thing.  I really want Fish and Chips but the pain I feel a couple of hours later from eating such fatty food just isn't worth it.

I've got the ultrasound on Friday morning, to see if it is gall stones, followed by a glucose tolerance test at 10am.  I was thinking of rounding out the day by having a mammogram in the afternoon but they can't get me in until the 13th.  Friday, the 13th.

My mate Ashley in Middlesbrough has been sorting out our itinerary and has booked tickets to see Derek Jacobi in Don Carol at the Crucible, Sheffield.  This will be the fourth time we've seen him in a play.  Have I mentioned before that I once patted his dog?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home