Friday, December 10, 2004

Real luxury!

Mutterings continued.

I had a phone call from the GG this morning to say that the air con will be delivered some time between 10.30 and 1.30, with the promise that the delivery person would give me half an hour's warning that they were on their way. Mobile rang at around 12ish - it was the delivery chappie advising he was in Kensington and headed my way. The half hour warning was actually 10 minutes. Good thing I live so close to work. The beast was left in its box in the kitchen awaiting mantling (the opposite of dismantling).

Got home about 4.15pm to a very warm flat, put the beast together and am surprised how quickly the place has cooled down. The outlet hose out the window isn't all that secure. Well, it would be secure if I didn't have an inquisitive cat who is always looking for ways to escape and has a tendency to throw himself against windows when he gets a fit of the mads. I think I'll be disconnecting it when I'm not running the air con. Not very efficient but at least I won't lose Milo out the window (has happened twice before. The first time he was gone for about 10 days.).

We get some ridiculous email at work, but this one I don't understand at all! "Do you covet to sense great future day ?

Our latest sight displays that it requires usually of only 2.9
drunkenness to effect a hang-over. But my pills
helps you avoid katzenjammers and waken sensitive immense from caput
to belly and everyplace additional."

Now, either they've got someone who speaks English doing their translating and taking the piss, or they have some very dodgy translating software.

I've remembered one more good thing about this time of year - ice cream. I could live on ice cream. And chicken. But not together.

I've been getting a lot of pain in my shoulders and down into my right (mousing) arm at work. HR organised for a physio to have a look at my workstation etc and it seems I'm doing a lot wrong. Resting my wrists on the desk for a start - apparently I'm supposed to keep them up off the desk. Easier said than done. My monitor's too high and I should move my mouse over to the left hand side for a change. I asked if I could have regular shoulder massages but I don't think the Zoo will come at that. Shame.

Exciting news from "Coming Soon" - thanks Rob! "Babylon 5 Movie Starts Filming in April

Source: Production Weekly
December 8, 2004


Steven Beck will direct a big screen adaptation of the popular sci-fi TV series Babylon 5. The movie, titled The Memory of Shadows, is intended for theatrical release and was written by series creator J. Michael Straczynski. Production Weekly reports that the project starts filming this April in the UK.

In "Shadows," the technology of the ancient and extinct Shadow race is being unleashed upon the galaxy by an unknown force, and Earthforce intelligence officer Diane Baker, whose brother was recently killed in a mysterious explosion, it out to find out who is behind the intergalactic conspiracy.

Joining her is Galen, a techno-mage who has been charged with keeping the technology out of the hands of those who would abuse it." Leece and I are demanding that G'Kar be included in the cast.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home