Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Day of Bits and Pieces

Mutterings continued.

Did a bit of the magazine, finished off the Power Point thingie, did some updates on the website, attempted a bit of filing. And had lunch with Kim - sate chicken and rice. Mmm. And late in the afternoon I discovered I'd been putting the wrong date on everything.

TUS are off to HHGTTG, Glod Class, tonight. I had an appointment with the doctor. I'm still unsure as to whether I really want to see the film. I'll wait for L and R's review, I think. I was introduced to HH by a friend I was very close to. We were both Adams addicts, he gave me the radio tapes, I gave him a Don't Panic towel for his 42nd birthday. We drifted apart and in '93 I discovered he had died a couple of years before. It stunned me that I didn't know and I felt I should have. So, the original HH is very, very important to me and the thought of a glossy Hollywood treatment worries me.

On a happier note: The Cats' Bill of Rights

Humans shall make no law respecting an establishment of boundaries or prohibiting the free exercise therein, or abridging the freedom of access, or the right to peaceful assembly. In other words: The cat is entitled to go outside anytime she/he wants.

A well-carried provisional chamber, being necessary to the fulfillment of a feline's whims, shall not be infringed. In other words: The cat is entitled to EAT anytime s/he wants.

The right of the feline to be secure in their domain, and effects, against unreasonable discomposure, shall not be violated. In other words: The cat is entitled to SLEEP anytime s/he wants.

Humans shall issue no warrants or decrees or edicts as prescribed to the demarcation of possessions or property which are in direct conflict with right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of feline affirmation. In other words: The cat is entitled to sleep ANYWHERE s/he wants.

The feline shall be immune to all criminal accusations, indictments, and complaints. The accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and impartial dismissal of any and all charges provided said feline's compulsory right to obtain any or all witnesses, including character witnesses, are obtained in his favor. In other words: Cats can do anything they want as long as they're cute.

Neither serfdom, vassalage, or involuntary servitude will be tolerated, except by said cats in proprietorship of their humans. In other words: What I say goes. (And I can sleep on your face...)

No Canis familiaris shall, in time of peace or at any other time, be quartered in any dwelling without the consent of the potentate, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by sovereign. In other words: No dogs in the house without my permission.

The right of the feline to be protected against unreasonable search and seizures shall not be breached or infringed upon at any time or any place. In other words: Don't disturb me when I am sleeping in a drawer.
Author Unknown

The doctor's appointment went well - my blood pressure was good (130/82), my resting pulse rate of 47 is perfectly normal (and it was up to 60 at the doc's, which is really normal. Apparently his RPR is also very low and drops to about 30 when he sleeps), my heart palpitations are nothing much to worry about, unless I worry about them (the occasional odd ectopic beat is probably down to stress and too much caffeine. "Too much" being defined as more than three cups of tea, coffee or chocolate a day), and I've stocked up on more scrips for sleeping pills and asthma medication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home