Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bedroom Antics

Mutterings continued.

Went to bed as usual on Monday night; took my pill, turned the bedside lamp off, snuggled under the covers, patted Milo, looked up and saw a Huntsman spider on the ceiling above the bed.

Keep calm, I told myself, it won't fall off the ceiling onto you. And even if it does, you'll be asleep and won't notice. And Milo will get it.

Then I put the covers over my head.

It was very windy that night and the curtains blew the lamp over; when I woke up the spider was gone and I'm thinking that perhaps it got blown off the ceiling (and is probably hiding under the covers at the foot of my bed).

Wet and windy today, even worse forecast for tomorrow (with the addition of possible hailstorms and gales). A top of 16c tipped.

The rhino calf made his public debut today. He performed well for the cameras, played in the wallow and ran around the exhibit.

The Google banner today is lovely - it celebrates Frank Lloyd Wright, the architect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home