Friday, October 14, 2005

Primate Watching

Mutterings continued.

Nice sunny day, again, though the wind was a might sharpish this afternoon. This morning I took a walk past Gibbon Island to see the new White-cheeked female. She and new mate, Robyn, were dueting nicely. Lord but she's got a pair of lungs on her! Very loud call and she jumps up and down and shakes the branches while doing it.

And then this arvo I met the Black-capped Capuchin bub. Very cute.

Most of this afternoon, however, was spent in a Business Recovery Plan meeting. Not advisable on a Friday afternoon. Didn't even get a bikkie, chiz chiz.

I've just discovered the Annals of Improbable Research (years after everyone else, I know). I'd heard of the Ig-Nobel awards but this is the first time I've had a good look at the web site. Hoot.

And speaking of hoots (toots, och aye the noo!), the very funny Dumpdee site. Read the Hate Mail page and marvel at the do-gooders who completely lack a sense of humour. The Bus Tours are also amusing. A Scottish friend pointed me in the direction of this page - I dinae ken if he's fae Dumpdee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home