Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another weekend bites the dust

And enjoyable it was too.

L and R came for dinner last night - Leece caught a flounder! Rob performed surgery and removed all the yucky bits and then baked it in foil with lemon, garlic, bay and pepper. Mmmm... nice fleshy fish. My lamb hotpot turned out ok but wasn't as tender as it could have been. I suspect the lamb had been chased around the paddock a time or two before it was caught.

The night's veiwing consisted of a very funny/intense Stargate:Atlantis called The Hive (Sheppard: How many of those (knives) have you got?
Ronon: How many do you need?); Space:1999 (with Leo McKern as the expendable guest star of the week) and Mystie's The Giant (or at least rather large) Gila Monster ("Bad movie? You're soaking in it").

Speaking of things televisual, Fox Classics is showing one of my favourites from the 80s - Wiseguy. The stories weren't dealt with episodically (busting the crim of the week) but had arcs. My favourite concerned Vinnie infiltrating Dead Dog Records and starred Paul Winfield, Glenn (The Eagles) Frey, Mick (yes, that Mick) Fleetwood and Tim Curry. The final scene of the final episode of the arc is priceless.

Another favourite from the 80's was, believe it or not, 21 Jump Street. I'm hoping that will also get a repeat - I know the DVDs are available but I'm not that big a fan.

Today was spent driving from Bunnings to Waldeck Nurserys to Bunnings looking for a planter for my geraniums. And then I had dinner with the family (what's left of it). It was my sis in law's birthday during the week so I took her pressies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home