Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Shut up and go and change your armour!"

Mutterings continued.

I have MP and the HG on in the background - one of my very favourite movies. Love the music, the photography and the very silly, highly quotable lines. "And Saint Atilla raised the hand-grenade orn high..." "...five is right out!" and of course, the ever-popular, "Run away! Run away!!" It's one of my desert island disks - one of the movies I'd want with me if I was stranded on a desert island (with a dvd player and electricity, obviously).

Dreams. Last night I had three of my recurring dreams, all in one night. The recurring dreams involve my mother (who died in 2004); travelling by public transport (usually trains) and getting lost; and preparing to fly to the UK (usually) and not having a ticket, passport, luggage, etc. In one dream, I was going to the UK, had arranged someone to look after Gus and Milo and was walking across the departure hall at the airport, being unable to find my ticket and passport and unable to remember if I'd actually brought them. This recurring dream always has the same large set of escalators in it - I stand at the bottom, looking up and there's a white window behind it. In another dream, I was in London with Mum (I'd obviously found my ticket and passport) and we were going to a function as guests of Ian McKellen and Judi Dench. The function was in Leeds, which was on the outskirts of London (it's not. It's a long way from London in t'north) and we could catch a train but ended up on a boat. We got where we were headed and ended up sitting in the foyer of a theatre with Sir I and Dame J.

Shiny things - just checked when my next shiny thing purchase is due for release - Parrots of the Carob Bean 3 is due out on the 15th of this month. I've ordered the tinbox set from Ezydvd. I've been watching the extras on X Persons 3 and I can't find the easter eggs or the gag reel - anybody out there know where they are? Ta.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hey, Poss. It's Laura, your ex Undersheriff! Sorry it's taken me so long to check your blog, but here I am, here I am :-)

Your dream about not being ready for a trip, losing ticket, etc... that kind of not-being-ready-to-go-somewhere dream has been a recurring one for me, too. It's that horrible unsure, anxious, not ready feeling. This topic actually came up with a couple of friends a few weeks ago. As we each told our recurring dream stories, we each got this shock of recognition on our face and we realized we each had a similar recurring dream. Both of theirs had to do with travel (not being ready to leave), while mine had to do with field hockey (!) -- not being ready to go out on the field and play (can't find my stick, can't find my cleets, something like that)... I've had that dream off and on for probably 20 years. I guess I've spent a lot of time in life not being ready for things!?

Anyway, so much for the dream-psychology...

Hope you and Gus and Milo are well.

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home