Thursday, May 20, 2004

Last of the big spenders

Mutterings continued.

15% off everything day at Target and I buy underwear, tissues and an Empire magazine.

Interesting interview with Eddie Izzard - in which he appears to be having an off day.

One of my favourite Shakespeares was on Ovation last night - it was Olivier's Richard III. I couldn't watch it as I find him a (sacrilige) shocking ham. I'm sure he had his moments, I've just never seen any in the Shakespeares he did. Perhaps his Hunchback of Plantaganet has been parodied too many times for me to take it seriously.

If only more films were made this way:
"Indiana Jones rides again

In summer 1982, three Mississippi boys decided to film a shot-for-shot remake of their favourite movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. After years of toil - which saw one of them being set alight, another having his head blown up, and the whole lot of them blagging the use of two US submarines - their backyard odyssey is being hailed as a crackpot masterpiece, not least by Steven Spielberg himself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home