Sunday, May 30, 2004

Wind!

Mutterings continued.

And I don't mean me! The wind has been howling around the flat all day.

I was very disappointed on Friday evening when I checked the mailbox to find no ROTK DVD. I was surprised, therefore, when I checked it yesterday morning to remove the junk mail to find an envelope with said movie. Even more surprised to find no junk mail.

Food and DVD night last night - I made Beef, Beer and Borlotti Bean casserole (recipe from the diabetes cookbook and therefore 'good' for me), with mashed spuds and carrots in tarragon. Rob made mocha pannatoni. Mmmmm.....chocolate and coffee.... To my way of thinking, all the goodness in the casserole was probably cancelled out by the chocolate in the pannatoni, however it was served with oranges dipped in dark chocolate and as oranges are fruit and therefore good for you, I figure I'm ahead.

And we watched the Muppets with Steve Martin (very funny), Firefly (funny but grim) and MST3K's Earth vs the Spider (or in Crow's version, Earth Vs Soup). I've always like Steve Martin - I suspect he takes himself a little too seriously at times but he is a funny guy. Foxtel has been screening some of the older Saturday Night Live eps with Belushi, Chevy Chase, Akroyd, Martin et al and I got to see one of my favourite Steve Martin pieces, the song about King Tut, who gave his life for tourism.

"Now when he was a young man he never thought he'd see (King Tut)
People stand in line to see the boy king (King Tut)
How'd you get so funky (funky Tut)
Then you'd do the monkey
(Born in Arizona moved to Babylonia King Tut)
Now if I'd known the line would form to see him (King Tut)
I'd take up all my money and buy me a museum (King Tut)
Buried with a donkey (funky Tut)
He's my favorite honky
(Born in Arizona moved to Babylonia King Tut)
Dancing by the Nile
Ladies loved the style (waltzing Tut)
Rocking for a mile (walking Tut)
He ate a crocodile
He gave his life for tourism
Golden idol
He's an Egyptian!
They're selling you
Now when I die now don't think I'm a nut
Don't want no fancy funeral just one like old King Tut (King Tut)
He coulda won a grammy (King Tut)
Buried in his jammies
(Born in Arizona moved to Babylonia
Born in Arizona got a condo made of stone-a (sic) King Tut)"

While waiting in a pharmacy for a couple of prescriptions to be filled I came across an aftershave that I was too scared to sniff. "Recto-verso Man" it was called. "Commercial Suicide" more like. I'm sure Recto-Verso Man probably means something....meaningful - I just can't imagine what.

Just did a spell check of the foregoing and it didn't question Belushi. Hmmm...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home