Friday, July 02, 2004

Coolness

Mutterings continued.

to quote Parker Lewis.

It's been a cold, wet, def. the middle of winter kind of day today. The kind of day which makes you glad you've got a desk job (as you laugh heartlessly, "Ha ha ha!", at the poor sods from Maintenance and Horticulture as they huddle together under the verandah before venturing back out into the elements; their jackets dripping and their legs red and blue from the cold.). Hail and thunderstorm were forecast - none of either eventuated but there was a lot of wind.

More coolness, interplanetary this time. Raw photos from the Cassini Huygens mission to Saturn and Titan.

I'm a sucker for photographs taken by satellites - dunno what it is. Here are some of Perth on the Space Imaging website.

Another bill arrived, this time a membership renewal from the RAC. On the other hand, the book I ordered from Angus and Robertson, "Dear Boy - the life of Keith Moon", also arrived. I hadn't realised it was so big - 576 pages!

I want my own plane, preferably a jet but a prop job will do. I was watching an episode of Mission:Impossible the other night which was set on a private plane. The passengers could smoke (not that I do), walk about, go to bed (there was a bedroom), sit sideways on lounges with their backs to the fuselage, etc and it really made me want to be able to travel about like that. Sure, it would probably take twice as long to get to Europe but who cares?! It would be a great way to see the world.

I've just learned to my dismay that Richard Clapton's "Girls on the Avenue" was released 30 years ago. Bloody nora, where has the time gone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home